Friday, May 14, 2010

A Little Project All For Myself

As I get my business off the ground, I am getting the old urge to do some projects, and to do some sketching for future projects. Even a busy life can't squelch the creative urge, I guess. It feels good. Long ago, I did a pillow with a theme of the Garden of Eden, and the serpent in the tree, to tempt Eve. As a result of this temptation and fall of Man, God decreed that man would have to work by the sweat of his brow (depicted by the thorns growing into the garden from the side) and that he would ultimately die, instead of living forever, depicted by the words in the piece. It's a theme that is meaningful for me.

Recently, I pulled it out and spruced it up. Applique pillows do suffer from wear and tear over time, so I redid a lot of stitching. It was enjoyable work, remembering all my motivation when I did the piece.

Photobucket

Penny Rug Wool

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete